Extensions for OpenJUMP
The following extensions
JumpPrinter: a multi page printer for OpenJump
UpdateProject: an extension to update an OpenJump project file when
component layers are relocated.
a charting extension for Open Jump
VertexSymbols: provides a wide range of vertex symbols support.
JumpFillPattern: provides a capability to add user-defined patterns
JumpPrinter - an extension that adds printing
- Adds a "Printer" item to the File menu.
- A page preview screen showing the current view allows paper size to be
set and drawing scale set/adjusted.
- Various items of drawing furniture can be added (title, scale, border,
map legend, layer legend, note, north symbol)
- Prints to selected printer, using multiple pages as required
- Requires JRE 1.5 or later.
- Print images can be saved as image files (jpg, png, svg and pdfs).
- Furniture items can be scaled to suit final page size.
- Multiple printer configurations (i.e. layouts involving various items of
furniture) can be created and retrieved for each OpenJump project.
Latest version is 1.87 (26th April 2014) Requires latest VertexSymbols plugin to be installed
as well as iText (require vers 2, see below) libraries. .
Changes from 1.86:
- Fixed bug to enable printer functions when no layer is present.
Changes from 1.85
- Bug fix to correct scale interval extensions lines in Scale furniture item
- Addition of option to "scale" SVG images.
Changes from Version 1.84
- Bug in shading Layer Legend colour patches fixed (at least it will work for most cases).
Changes from version 1.80
- Improved syntax check on the specification of the manual range specification for the Scale item
Changes from Version 1.79
- Minor bug fix: External renderer incorrectly filled polygons.
Please note that
the iText libraries used are still vers 2.0, the latest iText
libraries are vers 5.0 and there are some changes required. If
support for iText vers 5 libraries is required please let me know and I
can do the upgrade.
UpdateProject - and extension to
update the locations of the layer files if they are moved from their locations
in the Project file.
- If a layer file (and dependencies) are moved from their initial
locations, the Project file will not find them.
- A project file can be loaded, and any layer files not found are
- The user can then browse to the new location, and replace the path
description in the project file.
- A new project, containing all the style information, can then be saved.
- Requires JRE 1.5 or later.
- Tested on OpenJUMP, and appears to work on JUMP and SkyJUMP (providing
JRE is replaced with 1.5 or later)
Latest version is: 0.7
JumpChart is a charting extension for OpenJUMP. It allows for the
creation of pie, bar and column charts based on (numeric) attributes contained
in each feature of a chosen layer. The chart is produced as a new layer
that can be retained and stored in the project, and edited if required.
Latest Version is 0.99
Now includes French language file (from 15/3/2013)
Changes from 0.95
- Various bug fixes: number formats and scaling of non-linear pie legends
- Addition of an option to provided a caption under each chart element.
Changes from 0.92
- Pie charts can be scaled linearly (by diameter) or by the relative area of the circles.
- Individual pies are plotted so that smaller pies are always in front of larger pies.
- Adds the capability to insert a wide range of symbols on vertices on
points, lines and polygons.
- Two vertex forms: Vector based (parameterized for size, etc) and Image
- Allows users to add their own image type vertex symbols from gif, jpeg, png
and SVG files.
- Vertex symbols can also be defined using a WKT specification.
- Vertices can have labels attached, derived from a chosen attribute in
the selected layer (also feature ID and vertex coordinates can be
- For STRING type attributes, labels can be HTML formatted text.
- Vertex labels can have their own font, style, position and offset from
- Layers have defaults symbols, and features in layers can have their own
Latest Version is 0.180
- Now includes Finnish language translation
- Allows user to add their own fill patterns to and OpenJUMP project.
- Patterns can be vector-based (using a WKT specification) or image-based
using GIF, JPG, PNG or SVG images.
Current Version is 0.2
Changes from 0.1
- Fixed bugs to restore image-based patterns with project file
- Other numerous bugs
Feedback and comments are invited.